Adult Gymnastics Class returns from it’s summer break on October 13th 2016, 8.20 – 9.35pm.
Who is Adult Gymnastics Class for?
The class is open to both men and women aged 18+ with a sense of fun, adventure and looking to try something new and different! Our current members range from early 20’s to their 40’s.
Do I have to have done gymnastics before?
No, not at all. The majority of our class have never done gymnastics. We cater for beginners up to ex-gymnasts and coaches. No experience is necessary, many of our current members have come through our doors, very shy, having never done a tumble before and after the first class or after a couple of weeks have left having performed a cartwheel, handstand or a front somersault! We also have had many adults attend class who have definitely missed their true calling as a gymnast!
What happens in a typical class?
Class kicks off with a group cardio warm up with some body conditioning mixed in. We then stretch out to prepare for working on the apparatus. We spread our time out between all of the apparatus; Bars, Beam, Floor, Vault, Trampoline and Tumble Track. We finish off with a gentle stretch and cool down at the end. Above all there will be a lot of laughing!
What do I need to wear?
Leotards are not compulsory but if you really want to…! Wear something comfortable, for women we recommend leggings and a tshirt and for men fitted tracksuit bottoms or shorts and a tshirt.
Why do Adult Gymnastics?
Gymnastics is known to have lots of benefits to the body and mind, including:
- Gymnastics is fun – let out your inner child and have fun while exercising!
- You will notice an improvement in your flexibility, strength, fitness, co-ordination and mental focus
- You will learn new skills
- You will use muscles you have never used before
- You will challenge yourself and earn a great sense of self achievement
- You will learn to laugh at yourself!
Where do classes take place?
In our training centre, Unit C2 Network Enterprise Park, Kilcoole.
When do the classes take place?
On Thursday evenings, 8.20 – 9.35pm. We run an 8 week term, with gymnasts attending 6 of 8 classes. Term 1 for 2016/2017 will take place on the following dates:
- October 13th, 20th, 27th
- November 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
- December 1st
What is the cost?
For 6 classes the cost is €75 with an annual joining fee of €40 which includes Gymnastics Ireland insurance (applicable September – August). Spaces are limited and must be booked in advance of attending the class.
Can I try before I buy?
Yes, we offer a free trial class. This is dependant on whether there are any spaces available in the class. Please email us to inquire about this.
Where do I sign up?
Sign up via our website here.
- Scroll down to the “Pay Now” button.
- Find “Thursday Adult Gymnastics
- Click “add to basket”
- Sign up for an account, register yourself and follow the steps online.
- You will receive a confirmation message on screen as well as an email confirming your place in class.