February see’s the first school break since Christmas, it’s the perfect time to have some fun and why not do it through the best sport of all, gymnastics! We have loads on offer during midterm break February 18th – 22nd for all ages, boys and girls!
No general recreation or Petite Potential classes are running between February 18th – 23rd. Pre-Squad, Squad, Competitive Advanced Recreation and Advanced Recreation groups will soon receive an email with their scheduled training timetable for this week.
Have a look at what is on offer! All places must be booked directly via our website. Continue reading for full information and learn how to book.
Try It Out Classes / Camps / Workshop
Has your child wanted to try gymnastics and you are apprehensive about signing up for a term as you are unsure if they will like it? Try it outs are the perfect way to introduce children to gymnastics! Read below for what’s on offer and beneath are the class/camp descriptions.
Artistic Gymnastics Try It Out Classes
Gymnastics teaches the fundamental movement and sports skills that are at the core of every other sport. Fundamental movement skills include skills like climbing, swinging, balancing and landing. It develops the ABCs of athleticism: agility, balance, coordination and speed.Children can swing on the bars, jump on the trampoline, learn a cartwheel or a handstand! Artistic gymnastics is an amazing sport to be involved in, whether you are a beginner or a gymnast with previous experience, come and see what Sugarloaf Gymnastics has to offer in our fantastic facility. All try it out classes operate on a drop and go basis.
Session 1 – BOOKED OUT!
- When: Monday 18th February 3.30 – 4.15pm
- Who: Girls & Boys age 3 – 5 years
- Cost: €12.00
**Please note that 3 year olds attending must be able to use the toilet by themselves, including fully redressing themselves.
- When: Monday 18th February 4.30 – 5.30pm
- Who: Girls & Boys age 6 – 8 years
- Cost: €14.50
- When: Tuesday 19th February 6.45 – 8.00pm
- Who: Girls & Boys age 9+
- Cost: €14.50
Additional Needs Try It Out Class
We are delighted to introduce for the first time, a try it out class for children with additional needs. Gymnastics is an inclusive sport and in this class our coaches will work to adapt activities around your childs physical, sensory and learning requirements. So whether it’s the fast track or the bars, whatever it is your child wants to try out, let them find out what they are capable of! Once you have booked we will contact you to discuss the class further.
- When: Tuesday 19th February 3.30 – 4.30pm
- Who: Girls & Boys age 5-12 years with additional needs
- Cost: €14.50
Flip Workshop (current) members only
The number one skill all gymnasts want to achieve is the back flip! Our coaches will help gymnasts get closer to mastering that all important and most desired skill! Flip workshop will cover both forward and backward tumbling skills such as front handsprings, back flips and front somersaults!Tumbling is built on a framework of skill development—one leading to the next. Everything will be broken down into all the fundamental shapes and pre requisites needed to master these cool skills and we will strip away those bad habits learned at home on trampolines all in the safest learning environment possible!
- When: Monday 18th February 6.00 – 8.00pm
- Who: Current members only ages 8+ (girls & boys)
- Cost: €19
February Gymnastics Camp
For full information click here
- Days: Thursday 21st & Friday 22nd February
- Times: 1pm – 4pm
- Eligibility: Boys & girls age 4+, beginners and experienced gymnasts.
- Cost: €40 (current members) / €48 (non – members)
General Booking Instructions
- On the homepage, click on the “Join Now” button.
- Find the item you wish to book, select “add to bill”.
- If you do not have an account, create one, register yourself first, then your child and follow the steps.
- Ensure that your email address is spelled correctly, we do not recommend signing up using your work email address.
- Once your booking has been successful a confirmation message will appear on screen and a receipt will be emailed to you (please check your junk if not received)
- There is a 5% discount available for siblings attending camp/classes from the same family, this is automatically calculated but must be in the one transaction.
- Bookings can only be made online.
- If the option returns as “unavailable” no more places are available, camp/class is fully booked.
- For issues in relation to booking (e.g. payment not going through / credit card not accepted / errors) you must ring Easy Payments Plus 01 2393254 – Sugarloaf Gymnastics cannot offer solutions to these problems.
- For best results, use a laptop or computer for booking rather than a phone/tablet.