Gymnastics has numerous benefits for all ages, especially for pre-school children, including physical, cognitive and psychological benefits. Skills children gain from participation in gymnastics will continue benefiting them throughout their lives.
- An increase in muscular strength, flexibility and endurance
- The ability to relax
- Correct body alignment while walking, standing, jumping etc.
- The knowledge of how to fall and roll safely
- Increased agility and coordination
- Awareness of the body & spacial awareness
- Awareness of relationships with others
- The joy of movement mastery
- Discipline and self control
- The exercise habit as a positive & enjoyable occurrence
- A confident self image and a positive attitude towards their bodies
- Trust in one’s own abilities: move from a world of “I can’t” to “I can”
There are also some other great aspects of attending gymnastics from a young age, for example:
SOCIAL – it helps children to understand socially acceptable behaviour, respect for other people, manners, sharing and waiting a turn. Co-operation and integration are encouraged at all times.
PHYSICAL – it contributes to the development of physical and motor skills It can lay the foundation for strength, endurance (muscular, respiratory, cardiovascular), agility, balance, flexibility, power, co-ordination, good posture and relaxation.
It also provides the child with the experience of managing their bodies with assurance and with a measure of success; body control, adaptability, coping with stress, monitoring a situation and responding to it, manual dexterity, improved accuracy, alertness, timing, ability to stop and start quickly, etc.
INTELLECTUAL – it allows children the ability to think for themselves, to stimulate their imaginations and to solve problems safely.
We have classes running for girls born in 2013 and 2014, starting in September 2017 which are now available to book via our website. Please note that these gymnasts must have already turned 3 and be able to toilet and re-dress themselves sufficiently if attending. Like all of our classes, these are “drop and go” classes. Parents and guardians are not permitted to stay and watch during class time as as it can be very distracting & inhibits a child’s progress.
- Monday 2.15pm (1 hr)
Tuesday 1.50pm (1 hr)
Tuesday 1pm (45 mins)
Wednesday 2pm (45 mins)
Thursday 2pm (45 mins)
- Friday 1.50pm (1 hr)
- Friday 1pm (45 mins)
Classes for 2014:
- Tuesday 1pm (45 mins)
- Wednesday 2pm (45 mins)
- Thursday 2pm (45 mins)
- Friday 1pm (45 mins)