At Sugarloaf Gymnastics, we abide by the Rules & Regulations set out by our Governing Body, Gymnastics Ireland. To download a copy of their policies, click here.
All gymnasts & parents at Sugarloaf Gymnastics are required to abide by the Code of Conduct set out to ensure the protection of our gymnasts. Please read through Gymnastics Ireland’s Code of Conducts for: Young Gymnasts (here) and Parents/Guardians (here). View our Child Safeguarding Statement here
Sugarloaf Gymnastics will ensure each gymnast receives the best instruction available. In the interest of safety for all members, we ask parents/guardians, visitors and children to observe the following rules.
Fee’s & Term Registration
- All gymnasts must re-register with Sugarloaf Gymnastics each term through our online system to maintain their place within a class. The correct class must be booked or the class will be refunded and the place possibly lost.
- Payments are to be made via the online system – cash, cheque or bank transfer will not be accepted.
- Places cannot be held for gymnasts who do not register on time.
- Sugarloaf Gymnastics runs on a strict “no fees, no train” policy. Failure to pay fees on time will mean that your child will not be allowed to participate in class, please do not send them to class if fees are not paid, it is unfair to put them and us in this position.
- All groups working in towards our competitive streams (PP, Jnr D, Adv Rec, Competitive Adv Rec & Squad) operate on a 4 term policy, including the summer (as explained in your invite email), all terms must be paid for in full.
- It is not possible to “make up” for missed classes or be refunded.
- Camp fee’s cannot be refunded unless sufficient notice has been given
- The annual Gymnastics Ireland fee must be paid to join class, this covers the period September – August each year.
- In no case can the Gymnastics Ireland fee be refunded.
- In the case that a late payment (following the strict deadline for term fees) is permitted, a late registration fee of €10 will be incurred.
- In the event that your gymnast is not returning to class, please let us know ASAP. We have large interest in places, if you do not register on time for the next term and do not contact us to discuss the possibility of a late payment, we will assume that your gymnasts place is no longer required.
- Parking is not permitted in any spaces that do not bare the Sugarloaf Gymnastics logo. Failure to comply with this important rule will result in loss of membership.
- Ensure all children go to the toilet prior to class, as toilet breaks are extremely disruptive, particularly during our 45 min and 1 hour classes. Children must be fully toilet trained, able to dress/undress themselves, children wearing nappies are not suitable for structured classes but may attend Parent & Toddler class on Wednesday.
- We wish to maximise our time in class with the gymnasts. Coaches are not available for discussion during class time, it is too disruptive. If you would like a discussion regarding your gymnasts progress, please send us an email through our contact form here
- Term dates are included in your term renewal email, this gives a link to the calendar on our website. Make a note of these dates, no reminders will be sent by text or email, it is your responsibility record these dates. Make yourself familiar with both the calendar and news section of our website.
- Any members on medication (such as inhalers or Anapen’s) or suffering from a medical condition/learning difficulty must disclose this information upon registering for class.
- Members with a current injury (received from outside gymnastics) must let a coach know prior to attending class, likewise any injuries sustained in class must be reported to their coach at the time of happening.
- Sugarloaf Gymnastics cannot be responsible for gymnasts waiting in the arrival area outside of their own designated class time.
- We cannot be responsible for friends/siblings wanting to wait during class time, please do not leave anyone in the arrival area to watch class.
- No videos or photos of the gymnasts are allowed to be taken while they are in class without express permission from staff. Please let us know if you see someone operating a camera without permission.
- Please respect the rules imposed by the business park management company – no dog walking, running, cycling, skating, cycling etc More info can be found here.
- All members and their Parents/Guardians are expected to show respect and courtesy towards the staff. Abuse of any type or form will not be tolerated. Verbal, emotional or physical of staff will result in a members immediate expulsion from Sugarloaf Gymnastics.
- In the interest of safety, members are strictly prohibited from using the equipment other than during their designated class time or unless approved by a member of the coaching staff.
- No parents are to remain inside the gym during class time unless specifically asked by a coach. It has been proven that a much better response from children is possible when a parent is not present.
- Gymnasts may not leave the gym until a parent has arrived for collection, parents must collect from inside the gym.
- All members are expected to show respect and courtesy towards their coaches and fellow gymnasts. Bad behaviour of any type will result in a meeting/phone call with a parent/guardian and further discussion of the issue.
- Bullying of any kind is not tolerated and will be dealt with immediately.
- Abuse of any type or form will not be tolerated. Verbal, emotional or physical of other members or staff will result in immediate expulsion from Sugarloaf Gymnastics.
- Whilst it is not compulsory, ensure your child brings a drink to class, should they need one. We recommend water, fizzy drinks are not permitted nor are chewing gum, lollipops, sweets and popcorn inside the front door.
- All children attending classes are asked to help tidy the gym at the end of class, this is expected from all gymnasts. It creates a good sense of responsibility and good work ethic.
- Ensure your gymnasts wears the appropriate attire. Jeans, tights or skirts are not suitable for gymnasts. More on what to wear can be found here.
- Hair should be neatly tied back and all jewellery removed.
- Do not bring any valuables to class. We cannot be responsible for electronics or money going missing.
- All equipment must be treated with respect and not purposely damaged in anyway.