At Sugarloaf Gymnastics, we abide by the Rules & Regulations set out by our Governing Body, Gymnastics Ireland. To download a copy of their policies, click here.
All gymnasts & parents at Sugarloaf Gymnastics are required to abide by the Code of Conduct set out to ensure the protection of our gymnasts. Please read through Gymnastics Ireland’s Code of Conducts for: Young Gymnasts (here) and Parents/Guardians (here). View our Child Safeguarding Statement here
Sugarloaf Gymnastics will ensure each gymnast receives the best instruction available. In the interest of safety for all members, we ask parents/guardians, visitors and children to observe the following rules.
TERM FEES & CLASS/CAMP REGISTRATION
- All gymnasts must re-register with Sugarloaf Gymnastics each term through our secure online system Easy Payments Plus (EPP) to maintain their place within a class. The correct class must be booked or the class will be refunded and the place possibly lost.
- Payments are to be made via EPP – cash, cheque or bank transfer will not be accepted.
- Places cannot be held for gymnasts who do not register on time.
- We run on a strict “no fees, no train” policy. Failure to pay fees on time will mean that your child will not be allowed to participate in class, please do not send them to class if fees are not paid, it is unfair to put them and SG in this position. Instead arrange an alternate payment date.
- The annual Gymnastics Ireland fee must be paid to join class, this covers the period September – August each year.
- All groups working in our Squad / Competitive/Advanced Team Programs operate on a 4 term policy, including the summer (as explained in your invite email), all terms must be paid for in full. Summer training is compulsory.
- In the case that a late payment (following the strict deadline) is permitted, a late registration fee of €10 will be incurred for additional administrative costs.
- It is not possible to “make up” for missed classes or be refunded.
- A medical note from a Doctor/Hospital/Chartered Physiotherapist must be provided in order to receive refunds for classes missed due to injury/illness, this must include the start and end date of the classes being missed by the gymnast. Refunds can only be given from the time SG is notified via email.
- In the event of closure in exceptional circumstances that is beyond management control i.e adverse weather conditions, Government mandated closures etc refunds cannot be processed.
- If not wishing to continue in class and in order to receive a refund for the remaining term dates we must be notified by email by week 3, no refunds can be given past week 3.
- Camp fee’s cannot be refunded unless 3 days notice has been given by email.
- In no case can the Gymnastics Ireland fee be refunded.
- No refunds will be processed for Government mandated closures due to Covid-19.
- Credit for the classes paid will be carried forward as necessary.
GENERAL CLASS / TRAINING CENTRE RULES
- Ensure all children go to the toilet prior to class, as toilet breaks can be disruptive.
- Gymnasts must arrived dressed & ready for class.
- If you have a query regarding your gymnasts progress please email info[@]sugarloafgymnastics.ie and we will come back to you with information from their coach.
- We ask that you do not approach coaches who are teaching class. Please speak to the coaches at the very beginning or end of class as the gymnasts require our full attention. If you wish to discuss something in length, please email and we can arrange a phone call or another suitable time to talk as we want to maximise our time with the gymnasts during class time.
- Term dates are included in your term renewal email, this gives a link to the calendar on our website. Make a note of these dates, no reminders will be sent by text or email, it is your responsibility record these dates. Make yourself familiar with both the calendar and news section of our website.
- Any members on medication (such as inhalers or Anapen’s) or suffering from a medical condition/learning difficulty must disclose this information upon registering for class.
- Members with a current injury (received from outside gymnastics) must let a coach know prior to attending class, likewise any injuries sustained in class must be reported to their coach at the time of happening.
- SG cannot be responsible for gymnasts waiting in the arrival area outside of their own designated class time.
- We cannot be responsible for friends/siblings wanting to wait during class time, please do not leave anyone in the arrival area to watch class.
- Gymnasts must be picked up on time, particularly at the last class of the evening where a late pick up charge will apply. €5 for the first 10 mins and €10 per every 10 mins that follow.
- No videos or photos of the gymnasts are allowed to be taken while they are in class without express permission from staff.
- All members and their Parents/Guardians are expected to show respect and courtesy towards the staff. Abuse of any type or form will not be tolerated. Verbal, emotional or physical of staff will result in a members immediate expulsion from SG.
NETWORK ENTERPRISE BUSINESS PARK RULES
- No cycling, skating, scootering, dog walking is permitted.
- Playing on the green areas is not permitted.
- Parking is only permitted in Sugarloaf Gymnastics labelled spaces
- It is forbidden to park in the spaces of AJ Products and PWL.
- Families must leave promptly after class to reduce traffic congestion.
- Families must leave immediately after evening classes as the security barrier will close 5 mins after class ends.
- Parents must not congregate upon drop off/collection.
- In the interest of safety, members are strictly prohibited from using the equipment other than during their designated class time or unless approved by a member of staff.
- No parents are to remain inside the gym during class time unless specifically asked by a coach. It has been proven that a much better response from children is possible when a parent is not present.
- Gymnasts may not leave the gym until a parent has arrived for collection.
- All members are expected to show respect and courtesy towards their coaches and fellow gymnasts. Bad behaviour of any type will result in a meeting/phone call with a parent/guardian and further discussion of the issue.
- Bullying of any kind is not tolerated and will be dealt with immediately.
- Abuse of any type or form will not be tolerated. Verbal, emotional or physical of other members or staff will result in immediate expulsion from SG.
- Whilst it is not compulsory, your child can bring a drink to class, should they need one. We recommend water, fizzy drinks are not permitted nor are chewing gum, lollipops, sweets and popcorn inside the front door.
- All children attending classes are asked to help tidy the gym at the end of class, this is expected from all gymnasts. It creates a good sense of responsibility and good work ethic.
- Ensure your gymnasts wears the appropriate attire. Jeans, tights or skirts are not suitable for gymnasts. More on what to wear can be found here.
- Hair should be neatly tied back and all jewellery, including fitness trackers removed.
- Do not bring any valuables to class. We cannot be responsible for electronics or money going missing.
- All equipment must be treated with respect and not purposely damaged in anyway.