The inaugural European Championships is running from 2nd -12th August in Glasgow and Berlin.
This is the first edition of the new multi-sport competition will have more than 4,500 of the continent’s best athletes competing in seven sports. Artistic Gymnastics will also feature in these championships in Glasgow, Scotland.
About the European Gymnastics Championships
Across 8 days, over 600 gymnasts will compete for 26 medal events.
This is a Junior and Senior Championships which means we will see the best up and coming European juniors as well as many of the best seniors compete. 3 competitions feature within for Senior and Juniors; a Team final and Apparatus Finals.The Juniors will also have an All Around competition.
- The top 8 teams qualify through from qualification to the Team final.
- The top 8 gymnasts qualify through from qualification to the Apparatus finals.
Are Ireland represented at the Championships?
Yes! In Women’s Artistic Gymnastics, Meghan Smith will compete as a senior and Renmore’s Emma Slevin, Jane Heffernan, Blathnaid Higgins and Kate Molloy form the Junior team. In Men’s; Rhys McClenaghan, Adam Steele and Andrew Smith will compete in the Senior Men’s competition. We wish the full delegation the best of luck!
Thursday 2nd August Senior Women’s Qualification 10am – 9pm
Friday 3rd August Junior Women’s Qualification to Apparatus finals. All Around and Team competition within this 10am – 10.15pm
Saturday 4th August Women’s Team final 1pm – 3.15pm
Sunday 5th August
Junior Women’s Apparatus Finals 10am – 12.55pm
Senior Women’s Apparatus Finals:
- Vault 2.30pm
- Bars 3.00pm
- Beam 4.00pm
- Floor 4.30pm
Thursday 9th August Senior Men’s Qualification 10am – 8.55pm
Friday 10th August Junior Men’s Team & All Around competition and Qualification to Individual Finals
Saturday 11th August Men’s Team Final 1pm – 3.40pm
Sunday 12th August
Junior Men’s Apparatus Finals 10am – 12.55pm
Senior Men’s Apparatus Finals:
- Floor 2.30pm
- Pommel Horse 3.00pm
- Still Rings 3.45pm
- Vault 4.15pm
- Parallel Bars 5.00pm
- High Bar 5.30pm
TV & Online Coverage
- Tune into BBC 1 and BBC 2 for coverage each day (except qualification).
- RTE 2 will also be providing coverage although, breakdown of what is not yet available.
- British Gymnastics has the rights to show and record all of the British gymnasts routines which will be available on their YouTube channel here.
- The European Union of Gymnastics will be live streaming the Juniors Women’s competition on their website here