Saturday 17th June see’s the majority of our gymnasts take part in our end of year GymStart Challenge. Evening classes (and some day time classes) will take part between 19th – 27th June. Please refer to the information emailed/handed to you for specifics on your own gymnasts Challenge session. By now, every gymnast who is taking part will have been emailed or given a note in class, those who were not in class between 15th – 30th May will have been emailed. All the information you need is on the note / in the email.
Petite Potentials, Junior Development, Competitive Advanced Recreation, Pre-Squad and Squad do not take part in the GymStart Challenge.
Class Schedules 17th – 27th June
(Mini Gym classes – please refer to your email sent 31st May)
Saturday 17th June
- No Classes
Monday 19th June
- 3.20pm & 4.30pm class as normal
- 6pm and 7.05pm classes arrive per time given
- Squad 3 as normal
Tuesday 20th June
- 1pm, 1.50pm, 2.55pm (1 hr), 4pm classes as normal for last day of term
- Squad 5, Squad 1 and CAR classes as normal
- 5.10pm and 6.15pm gymnasts arrive as per time given
Wednesday 21st June
- 2pm, 2.55pm classes as normal for last day of term
- Squad classes as normal (unless emailed otherwise)
- 6.35pm class – please read your email carefully, not all gymnasts are to attend GymStart Challenge on this date
- GymStart Challenge for all boys groups this evening as per info
Thursday 22nd June
- 1.50pm, 2.55pm, 4.00, 5.05pm (Boys only, not girls group), Junior Squad classes as normal
- Ailbhe’s 5.10pm group do not arrive for normal class time
- 6.10pm classes – arrive only for the time/day as instructed for your GymStart Challenge.
- Adult Gymnastics – as normal
Friday 23rd June
- 1pm, 1.50pm, 3pm, 4.05pm, Squad 3 classes as normal
- 5.10pm classes are not to arrive for normal time, arrive only for the time as instructed for your GymStart Challenge
- 6.15pm classes are not to arrive for normal time, arrive only for the time as instructed for your GymStart Challenge
- Saturday 24th June – last day of term
- Monday 26th June – last day of term
- Tuesday 27th June – term over, only Squad, CAR and AR 2.55pm. GymStart Challenge for all Level 8’s and 9’s taking place this evening, arrive only for the time as instructed
- Wednesday 28th June – term over, only Squad and Pre-Squad, no Petite Potentials
- Thursday 29th June – last day of term for all classes
- Friday 30th June – last day of term for all classes
Our Summer Program of classes and camps begins from Monday July 3rd – click here for more info.
Summer Timetables for CAR, AR, Jnr D, PP and Squad kick in from this date also, please refer to your email.
We have 6 one hour sessions between 9am and 4.35pm on Saturday June 17th which makes for a very busy day. Please do not arrive too early for your gymnasts Challenge, due to the limited space, you will not be allowed to enter the gym and will have to wait outside. We may not be in a position to accommodate gymnasts arriving late or at the incorrect session time. Gymnasts and families will enter through the main door and exit through the roller door at the end of the gym. Our evening sessions will also take 1 hour approximately.
What do I need to bring?
Wear leotard or regular gym clothing. We suggest bringing as little as possible to the training centre this day due to the amount of people that will be there, gymnasts will not place anything in the lockers. Girls hair must be tied back, it is unsafe to participate in gymnastics without hair tied up.
Parents/ Guardians are welcome to attend, there will be very limited seating available. In order for families to watch their gymnast in comfort we must ask that only 2 people per family attend. Please note that we do not have room to accommodate prams or buggies.
There is limited parking in the business park but there is ample parking outside on the road on the way into the business park, we encourage you to park there. A number of parking spaces will be sectioned off – please do not attempt to park in these spaces. Do not park in the spaces belonging to Discount Supplements or AJ Products.
Gymnasts are grouped by DOB and Badge Level. They will perform their skills for the judges. If 7/10 skills are performed to a high level the gymnast will pass and will be awarded their Certificate and Badge “medal”, those who do not pass will be awarded a intermediate certificate. The top 3 scoring gymnasts at each level will be awarded a bronze, silver or gold medal. Badges range from Level 1 (easiest) to 10 (most difficult).
If your gymnast has progressed onto 7-10, the highest levels of badges, the skills at these badge levels are very difficult. It usually takes gymnasts 1-3 years to attain the skills required to pass. Due to this we will inform you the week prior to the badge challenge if we feel your gymnast can pass the badge or not. You can then decide if you would like them to take part for experience and be presented with an intermediate certificate or to wait until the following year to take their badge assessment.
In order to ensure that your gymnast’s name is spelled correctly on their cert, please check on the timetable in the gym which will be available from Friday 19th May. This timetable will display the gymnasts taking part on Saturday 17th June only. The names of those taking part in the evening sessions will be reviewed in class with the gymnasts.
In the event that your gymnast cannot attend on their given session day/time, email jamie [@] sugarloafgymnastics.ie. Please note that session times cannot be changed.
Queries & Questions
Any queries and questions should be addressed to Jamie jamie[@] sugarloafgymnastics.ie
Registration for September 2017
An email will be issued prior to the end of Term 3 – please keep an eye on your inbox. We strongly suggest editing your Easy Payments Plus account to include your personal email address as opposed to a work email address if you will be on holidays at this time, if not registered by the strict deadline given your child will be deemed as not returning in September and the place put on offer to prospective members.
We look forward to seeing everyone perform, they have been training very hard with their coaches over the last number of months and hope that you and they enjoy the day